Monday, May 18, 2009

I've been quilting

These are not very good photos, but here is an example of what I've been doing. This is a star sampler quilt using batiks only. The orange background fabric was given to me by a friend in the quilt guild. Over the weekend she gave me fabric with turtles on an orange background. I won the pattern for the stars at a quilting retreat I attended in Jan. This was a very fun quilt to piece. I plan to do it again in other colors.


This quilt is flannel, but has no batting. It is a 5 yard wonder pattern, one yard each of 5 different patterns. Use 4 to cut blocks and the last for the border. This quilt was the 2nd in the quilt guilds UFO challenge for this year. Next times is already completed.

This last one is a lap quilt. A volunteer at the museum gave me the bird blocks. The stars are a variation on the old detectable mountain square. Very interesting. The stars are made using half square triangles. The volunteer's husband passed away in the local veterns home, so I plan to donate the quilt there.

Even though, I've done a lot quilting, I have a sweater almost completed, just one sleeve to complete. I'll post when completed. It needs to be done before we go to Florida early next month.

No comments: