Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Vest update

I have been working very hard on the vest. It will fit around now and I've begun to work on the first shoulder. I am planning to wear it to a knitting guild Christmas party next week. But if not by then, I wear it on vacation.

Sunday, we went to the Philadelphia Art Museum to view the Gees Bend Quilt exhibit. Great exhibit, it went on and on. Around each corner, was another group of outstanding quilts. Perhaps, I'll try a small quilt using one of their favorite blocks. Hubby kept saying, "But, they are not straight. Yours are always straight." Nice he noticed. But that is part of their charm. There was a great bright blue and red quilt, perhaps I'll use this for inspiration.

Terrible photo from an illustration of one of their favorite blocks.
The Art Museum is under construction, but is decorated for the holidays. Terrible weather, lots of rain and fog, but warm. Horrible driving conditions.

No comments: