Monday, December 15, 2008

Knitting for Christmas

One last gift to be completed before Christmas. It is a pair of convertible mittens for Dad. One is finished, the second needs the rest of its fingers and the cap. I found this pattern on Ravelry, looked through 6 pages before I found one in the correct gauge for the yarn I had. It has a cable twist between fingers that closes the area very well. I think that I will knit a second pair using finer yarn for Hubby next.


This mini quilt was my entry for the Quilt Guild challenge this year. We had to use the striped fabric in the quilt. The hummers were pieced using templates, while the border flowers were paper pieced using a method by Carol Doak. Really easy with no wasted fabric. It won the third place ribbon.

The log cabin variation quilt is one of two I'm working on for a friend. They have the same fabric, the only difference is the color arrangement in the borders. The second one needs to be quilted. One is going to Washington state as a wedding gift. The other is going to Bulgaria as a gift for her mother.

Finally, another baby picture of Tyler in Gummy's arms.


No comments: