Monday, June 23, 2008

Lonely Sick Day

The family left early this morning. I did not get to spend much time with them this weekend, because I'm sick. The worse aches and pains that I have ever experienced. It started in my hips friday night. It felt like a pair of cinder blocks were laying on my hips. The pain quickly spread to other joints and muscles. There was never any vomiting or other problems, just pain so bad that a dozen extra strength Tylenol didn't touch it.

Kaia did learn to sew. She started a quilt for her new sibling who is due in early Dec. I found some fabric with Baby Einstein designs. She picked out fabric for the sashing and border, then began sewing, She learned to thread the machine, sew a 1/4" seam and how to press the seams.
She worked until midnight the first evening and only till 10:30 the next night. She got a lot done, but didn't get it completed because I got sick.

Above-Sewing the first seam
Below-Designing the layout of the quilt, it took a least 45 minutes.

Photos of unfinished quilt and other activities and a special happy birthday on the 25th.

No comments: