Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Home again

I went to work yesterday, but stayed just a few hours. It was really too much. I came home and collapsed for a few hours before dinner, ate, then went to bed before 7:00. If I take it easy today, perhaps I will finally be over this, I hope, I hope.
Just to catch up, regarding Friday night's activities. The kids decided to take out the kayaks. First time for every one. I called Britknitter to borrow her mother's double kayak, because I was afraid that Kaia could not handle one by her self. But she was not available (check her blog for the reason- Welcome Cooper). The adults tried it first. E. had no problem, that's her in the middle of the pond. Our son did have a little problem getting in, it didn't turn over, but sure was funny to watch.


They spent about an hour on the big lake having a great time. Then Kaia got her turn. Mom stayed out to supervise. Dad lifted her in and off she went. No trouble at all, expert paddler, figured out how to steer with no trouble. So much for all the worries. She did stay in the small pond, but she paddled around the whole area, checking out each corner. She found a frog, roses and a sunny bed. The only time consideration was that "Camp Rock" premiered at 8. Had to home by then. Last good memory from their trip, I got sick a few hours after that.

Finally, Happy Birthday to our Toby. He would have turned 15 today. Miss you, Toby-Baby.















No comments: