Sunday, April 6, 2008

Finally...Finally

SHIP AHOY

Finally got the kayak in the water. Last night after working at a family craft day, with 100's of kids, I was ready for some peace and quiet. Stopped on the way home for a few errands, then had a quick dinner. We made it to the lake about 6:00. Very few people were there, except for a little boy and his dad. Of course, they watched while I got in and pushed off. The boy thought the color was great, I definitely agree. Dad says " Wow, they are sure easy to launch." I made it out looking good. No wet feet, didn't turn over. A good showing. Tom walked along the bank and watched from the shore.


It was very peaceful. Only one other boat on the other side of the lake. Just a few ducks and one goose. The lily pads are starting to grow in the shallow sunny coves. I did see a mammal, could not tell if it was and otter or muskrat. It moved too quickly. I spent about an hour on the lake.
By the time I got home I was very cold, especially my legs (which were wet from the paddles) and my hands. Note to self- wear gloves next time.



Great night. Too wet to try it today.

No comments: