Thursday, November 15, 2007

First Blog

Here it is, finally, at long last, I've done it. This is it my first blog. A little bit about me. I'm married and have one son, who lives in Florida with his wife and daugther, three dogs, one cat, two gold fish and a growing collection of "Webkins".

My Grandmother taught me to knit when I was 8 years old, but only the knit stitch, so after several squares I quit. I re-taught myself when my son was 4 years old. I made him a sweater for Christmas. It was teal green with raglan sleeves. He wore it for several years, because I did not read the part about gauge in the instructions. Sometime later, a cousin gave my the fleece from his sheep, so I had to learn to spin. I now have three spinning wheels, but haven't spun any wool in quite a while. I currently have been making socks for family and myself and baby hats which I donate to the local hospital for the new babies.

Lately, I have been making quilts. I tend to chose traditional patterns but enjoy the challenge of choosing and using colors in a less then tradition way. I have designed and created several wall hangings. Each has been a challenge in either combining patterns and new techniques, such as paper piecing or raw edge applique. The quilt pictured is a simple nine patch I made several years ago.

They say the first step is the most difficult. So THANKS to my co-worker, fellow knitter and good friend, DW (Britknitter) I am NO LONGER blogless.

No comments: