Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving/Incomplete dogs on Thursday

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Photo is of the dining room before dinner. Turkey is in the oven and I have just enough time to jump into the hot tub for a short time before company arrives.






Incomplete dogs on Thursday.

I began a quilt of our springer spaniel Toby for my husband's surprise Christmas present. I can only work on it for about an hour each morning after he leaves for work, but before I have to leave. Also, I am using it as my entry in the Christmas challenge for my quilt guild. Our party is Dec. 12, not much time to make a quilt. Toby passed away almost 2 years ago, so I found an old photo of when he was a puppy to use as a model. Photo is of the fabric that I used for the center of the quilt.



Toby is made using raw edge applique, glued to the background fabric. This will be surrounded by two borders. The first of patchwork squares. The second will be a patchwork ribbon and bow using fabric for the challenge.




Hopefully, I will have the squares completed this week and can begin quilting the next.




No comments: