Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fabrics and Friends

Earlier this week I took a bus trip to Lancaster Co. Pa. with my quilt guild to buy fabric, fabric and more fabric. Of course, I bought more then I intended to and a few things that were not on my list. Day trip like this a a good way to become closer to other members. At a meeting we are so busy that we don't get a chance to visit with those that are across the room. I had lunch with several of those members, and dinner with two others. I did take a break at the second fabric store to take a quick walk down the road to a small stream. There I watched the ducks and enjoyed the sunshine.
On the way home we stopped to watch a hot air balloon take off. It took off very close to a farm.


We were all concerned that they would not make it over the farm buildings.
Up, up and away. They made it over the house and then continued across the road and over the fields. It reminded me of the time I had a balloon ride myself. The ride was my 40th birthday present. Took off late September, to crisp blue sky, browning corn fields and early autumn leaves. It was over too quickly.


No comments: