Thursday, February 21, 2008

Socks again

Just some more socks. The yarn is from Knit-picks and when completed are for a friend to give to her daughter, who loves purple. Notice the purple stripe. I used this same yarn to knit another pair for a friend as a Christmas gift.

This yarn is for a knit along I just joined. It is from my friend's sheep, commercially spun in the midwest. Then hand dyed by my friend.

I have been also working on a quilt. The top was pieceed some time ago. I just started quilting it yesterday. I have got one color done, the orange. Working on the blue, but need to get some white thread to do the final color. The border will be done in the blue, I think. Can't show a picture as the quilt is a mystery quilt sample. My quilt guild is having a retreat in May to Cape May. Another girl and I are planning the quilt instructions. Mine will be appropriate for a beach retreat as the fabric has palm trees and fish. Photos after the retreat.

No comments: